Low Carb Taco Recipe by Medical Weight Loss Philadelphia
This is a fantastic recipe for one of my most favorite comfort food dishes.
Especially now that it’s going to be cold outside there is nothing like a hot taco salad to satisfy the hungriest of appetites and make you feel good all at the same time.
This recipe makes approximately 6 servings each of them has about 360 cal, 29.5 g of protein, 9.6 g of fat and 2.3 g of fiber.
- The ingredients are:
- Ground beef – three-quarter pound
- Diced yellow onion – 2 tablespoons
- Chopped green and red bell peppers – 1 cup
- Taco seasoning – 1 tablespoon (see the recipe below or use a premade seasoning)
- Chopped fresh cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Chopped red leaf lettuce – 4 cups
- Diced yellow tomatoes – 2 cups
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese – 1 cup
- Chopped green onions – 1/4 cup
- Sliced black olives – 1/4 cup
- Sour cream – 6 tablespoons
In a very large skillet cook the beef, yellow onion and bell pepper with the taco seasoning over medium heat until the beef is browned nicely, make sure that you are starting the meat so that it starts to crumble. Then add the cilantro and salsa and lower the heat to a low simmer to keep it warm. Until you are ready to serve it. Divide this mixture evenly amongst six serving plates and sprinkle over top the diced tomatoes, cheese, black olives and green onions. You can even top this with the sour cream if you like.
Taco Seasoning Recipe*
This is a quick and easy recipe that you could sprinkle over top almost anything.
- chili powder – 2 tablespoons
- ground cumin – 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt – 2 teaspoons
- fresh ground black pepper – 2 teaspoons
- paprika – 1 teaspoon
- ground coriander – 1 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- onion powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- red pepper flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
- ground dried oregano – 1/2 teaspoon
- optional – 2 teaspoons of sugar substitute
Now all that you have to do is combine the ingredients in a large all until everything is mixed together nicely. You can stir this in an airtight container. Make sure that you keep it stored away from the heat and the light. And usually this will stay fresh for approximately 2 months.
If you need help with your weight loss or just have questions on how to improve your overall health and wellness call us and schedule your free weight loss consultation. Call us at 215-821-7336
*Source: the ketogenic cook book by Jimmy Moore and Maria Emmerich. Give it a look for some great recipes.
- Published in Diet Doctors in Philadelphia, Medical Weight Loss, Medical Weight Loss in Philadelphia PA, Medical Weight Loss Philadelphia, Weight Loss, weight loss philadelphia