If you are looking to lose weight and keep it off here are 4 great recipes to help you. The recipes are some of my favorites. They are Thai Coconut Bliss, Roma Salad, Italian Salad and Caprese Island Salad.
Here are the recipes:
Thai Coconut Bliss
- Shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)- 1 cup
- Fresh basil (chopped)- 3 tbs
- Fresh lime juice- ½ cup
- Celtic sea salt- 1 tsp
- Meat from 3 young coconuts
- Coconut water- 1 ½ cup
- Fresh ginger (minced)- 1 tbs
- Olive oil- ¼ cup
- Dates (pitted)- 4
- Nama Shoyu soy sauce- 1 tbs
- Clove garlic- 1
- Take a small bowl to mix basil, mushrooms, sea salt, and ¼ cup lime juice. Once thoroughly mixed, put to the side. Using a blender, add in dates, soy sauce, coconut meat, rest of lime juice, olive oil, ginger, and coconut water. Blend until smooth. Add mixture into seperate bowls and top it off with mushroom mixture. Enjoy! This recipe makes 3-4 servings.
- Romaine lettuce – 1 head chopped
- arugula 2 cups chopped
- red or yellow bell peppers -2 large Peppers chopped
- tomatoes – 4 Tomatoes chopped
- zucchini – 1 large zucchini julienned
- Basil – 1/4 cup of fresh chopped basil
- olive oil – two tablespoons of olive oil
- minced garlic 1 tablespoon
- black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Combine all of the vegetables into a very large bowl and then just dress the salad with the pepper, salt, garlic and olive oil. and of course the basil as well.
- Grape tomatoes – 1 cup sliced in half
- cucumbers – one half cup of chopped cucumbers
- sweet onion – 1/4 cup chopped
- pepper – 1 red bell pepper chopped
- mint – 1/2 cup of chopped mint
- parsley – 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- minced garlic – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- olive oil – 1/2 cup
- low sodium soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Mix all of the vegetables in a large bowl then add the dressing ingredients and serve.
Caprese Island Salad
- Buffalo mozarella cheese – 10 thin slices
- plum tomatoes – 2 Plum tomato sliced one quarter inch thick
- fresh basil – 10 leaves
- balsamic vinegar just a light drizzle
- olive oil just another light drizzle
- chop 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
This is a really great recipe start by layering a slice of cheese followed by, slice of tomato and basil leaf. drizzle over top your olive oil, balsamic vinegar and then add a pinch of the salt, garlic, pepper and then enjoy. You can even mix all of the dressing ingredients together and then just use a spoon and pour it over top of the individual portions.
So there you have it, 4 of my favorite recipes that have helped me lose weight and keep it off. If you would like more information on our weight loss program I invite you to call us and schedule your free weight loss consultation. Call us now 215-821-7336 and schedule your consultation now.